Sunday, September 30, 2007

Thoughts on the Premier

It's been a week since my wife and I watched the premier and I've used that time to think over how I felt it went. I think that overall, it was "uneven". I say that because after my somewhat let-down at the ending of last season, I was hoping for a nice explosive jump from the gate. It seemed more like a "hey, we're back, and here's a bunch of new questions...and oh yeah, here's Peter."

I'm not that excited about Hiro's storyline, but I do have some hope for it. I think the best part so far was that his hero is actually English and not Japanese. It was fairly weak to use Molly's teacher to let us know Matt was divorced. How should she know all the things she knew about Molly's homelife?

Shouldn't Nathan be in Congress or something? I've talked to a couple of people who are having problems with him dropping straight down into a deep depression like that. I can see it though with a character that was high strung, having the things happen that happened, causing him to downward spiral.

They are definitely pushing this new boogeyman and whatever is going after the old generation. I'm going to go out a limb and say they are one and same. The new twins and their powers will be focus of this week's episode I believe, that should be interesting. Oh, and the plot with "midas", or as I can only think of him "NED! NED RYERSON?", seems also promising.

I guess in the end, I didn't feel like the plot made and leaps forward, just kind walked out of the gate. Things need to pick up this week since this volume is supposed to wrap by Christmas.

1 comment:

J said...

Yeah,
I also felt like the season opener was a tad weak. I mean, I am glad that the show is back on. I hope they can handle the influx of this many new characters without watering down the characters we already have an attachment to.
maybe they will just kill off all the old characters and move forward with the new one.
eh, we'll see.