Monday, October 15, 2007

Previous showing of the Boogeyman?

Some Truthers and I were having lunch the other day and I started a discussion about how I think that the 5 years in the future vision we've been shown could still happen given everything that's happened. All the elements are still there for it to occur. But, I digress to the real meat of this post. During that discussion, I remembered a scene from the 3rd episode of season one. In it, Parkman is being taken down to Molly by Audrey. As they exit the elevator, they realize something's not right and Audrey yells "It's Sylar!" And we're taken on a chase and certainly led to believe it is this mystery man the show has been giving glimpses about up to that point.

Fast forward to what we know now and how that scene played out. When Audrey comes around the corner and tells "Sylar" to freeze, the man turns around and forces Audrey to hold the gun to her head. Then Matt runs around the corner and plugs 4 shots into the chest of the man in the shadows and he drops. This releases Audrey and after Matt turns around from checking on her, "Sylar" is gone seemingly vanishing into thin air.

I present that this man wasn't Sylar at all and is the Boogeyman we're looking for now. My evidence is 2 fold. First, Sylar has no way to survive 4 bullets to the chest. Before you use that he could have stopped them with his TK, I say that they certainly hit him and they knocked him down. Second, Sylar hasn't shown a way to escape like the man in that scene did. The only time we've seen that escape style since is when whomever went after Angela in the police station. That presumably being the Boogeyman. Also, the Boogeyman would definitely have a use for Molly. Oh, and Molly says in that scene at the FBI, "How did he find me? How did he find me?". Given what we know about what happens when Molly thinks about the Boogeyman, I think that's even stronger evidence.

I have another theory that the Boogeyman is possibly Takezo Kensei since we don't know if those who can regenerate can ever really die. I mean, if my organs can constantly regenerate, then they'll never wear out and I'd be immortal. That theory is pretty far fetched, but I feel pretty confident in my theory about us already having been shown the Boogeyman. What do you guys think?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm rather curious about Kensei myself. Whether he's still alive or not.

Molly's power is to know where anybody is... So if she said "It's Sylar!", you'd think she'd know. However, it's true that's she's also just a little girl. So she could have been scared and just jumped to that conclusion.

While we didn't see Sylar 'escape' into thin air, we did see him appear from seemingly nowhere at the end of season one. It was when Peter and Noah first got to Kirby plaza. He said that Sylar was hiding "in plain sight", and then he just appeared and force-pushed Noah into the building.

Just my two cents. :-)